1 Aug 2012

Hamsters July 2012

Our Mama Roborovski hamster happily welcomed 5 babies. They were sooooo tiny and then poof! In a few days, they were running around and even up and about the plastic tubes! One or two have started running on the wheel. I find it quite therapeutic watching them. They love broccoli and it's quite 'sian' to have to keep buying and cutting them up for them. Takes me about an hour or more to clean all our hamster cages too. I do this about once a week when neither hubby or kids require my mothering!

That's one baby peeking out of their 'powder room' which essentially is their loo. They have a nice state of the art cage with spaceship looking globes for rooms but they prefer to sleep in their toilet. Well hey, whatever rocks their boat! 

If you're wondering why we're still using wood shavings (because blah blah blah, it's less healthy etc), let me tell you first that we did try to change to the paper pulp litter but it stank like crazy shortly after every change. Really not good when the wind blew. Phew! I cannot be changing paper pulp litter every other day. The wood shavings absorb the poo and pee well and the Robos, being desert animals (I cannot for the life of me, remember if 'desert' is spelt 'desert' or 'dessert' as in the stuff you eat!), like to burrow and they seem really happy burrowing into the shavings. Meanwhile, Daddy Robo gets to sleep separately in his bachelor pad and boy, is he a messy fellow : (

Baby Roborovskit Hamster looking for Mama

I was gonna upload my latest Happy Call Double Sided Pressure Pan dish but had accidentally emailed this hamster pic to this blog instead. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

No comments: