7 Aug 2012

Working Mother's Garlic Bread and Soup

Much to the delight of my kids (and other half), there are nights when I'm tired of Chinese cooking or have run out of meal ideas so we end up having Garlic Bread and Soup for dinner:


Garlic Bread with choice of Mushroom or Minestone Soup. 

Unless it's a weekend and I have time on my hands to build the soup stock from scratch, canned ones will have to do for weekday nights. For the bread, I just spread on butter or margarine (whatever's available in the fridge) and throw on some garlic bread powdered seasoning (which I always have) before toasting the slices.

Truth be told, there are some days, I come back from work with a fried brain. On those days, it'd be best to just buy food home but really, there's only so much outside food one can take. There's just nothing like home cooking, even if it's 'canned' home cooking.

Garlic bread and soup looks quick and simple to put together but actually, it also takes about half an hour at the very least (largely due to seasoning of the bread). But my hands can always do this while my mind is somewhere over the rainbow.




No comments: