30 Aug 2012

Direct phone line to God

I was reading a stranger's post in a forum. He was deriding motivational speakers who thought themselves as having a direct phone line to God or something. Just this morning, as I was driving, I was thinking to myself and asking God, if people, to whom I had encouraged to start having conversations with God, wonder if I am too cocky or presumptuous, thinking I as having a holier-than-thou attitude. Perhaps some do but I've only really encouraged Catholic friends and hardly any strangers as far as I can recall. I did have to speak to some complete strangers but only with specific messages which were prompted by God. Most of whom I spoke to, seemed to genuinely want to have this connection with God.

As a continuation of my previous post on hearing God, I recently had an experience which I came out of, feeling quite pleased. Remember I often say that I can sense the evil one circling me, waiting for an opportunity to pounce? Well, it did recently. Actually, it TRIED and I nearly fell for its trap but this is where it helps to build your resistance to the evil one with the help of God. I didn't give in. In fact, I told it to get the h-- out of my life and go back to h--.

Anyhow, without going into details. I had felt extremely upset by a situation. I spent a whole night and whole day in a mish mash of emotions and prayer. By the end of the day, I had 'recovered'. I could see the bigger picture and had the realisation that it was just fantastic! The two weeks prior to this incident, I had been drawn into what I call intense conversations with God. I felt very loved by Him because of His words and His teachings. I could tell He knew me so well.

Then, I consciously expected something to take place. Expected what? A disruption from the evil one. When it did occur, my very human emotions took over and I was upset. At first, I could not see it for what it was. I didn't wallow in anger though. I turned to prayer. I asked God to take over and just submitted to Him, what was to come out of my mouth. Let my words be what He would want me to say. Let my thoughts be what He would want me to think. Let my actions be what He would want me to do.

It worked. I could literally feel the cloud of discontent lift and everthing fell into place. My emotions did a 180 degree turn. I thought to myself. What an affirmation it was that the feeling that I was in an intense 'relationship' with God was 100% REAL. How did I know? Because it bothered the evil one enough to come knocking on my door! It wanted to distract me. To derail me. To do whatever it would take to take my mind off God. If I had given in to the evil one's distractions, I really would have taken my mind off God and concentrated on the upsetting situation instead.

Instead, I was joyous. It was just wonderful! The realisation of this hit me like a train (in a good way). Even before I had 'solved' the issue, my emotions were already back on track and I began to feel even better than before the incident. Nothing explosive happened. Instead, the solution was amicably resolved. Yes, it helps to have connections, especially if the connection is with God. This direct phone line is even more precious when you know that there's some thing out there that is always looking for a chance to cut off your connection.






No comments: