28 Aug 2015

Rebounding For Weight Loss - End August 2015 Update (Progress Pics)

I was feeling down last night as I stepped off my weighing scale. I had weighed myself thrice. Once before dinner. Once after dinner and once after a 20 minute rebounding routine. I put on 2 kgs after dinner and lost 1.2 kg after the rebounding session. I asked hubs how that was possible. Of course hubs laughed it off because he figured the budget weighing scale he had bought me was totally off and again, he asked me how he was to know that at the time of buying. Okay, enough of the scale. I wasn't very pissed at the 2 kgs crankiness. I was pissed that I hadn't lost ANY weight in the past week.

But I took a look at my photos a few months back and my current photo and ...I am pissed no more.

Here I am in very early APRIL 2015, before I started changing my lifestyle. I was not exercising or watching what I ate at all. This picture was snapped a few days after my father's funeral and on the same day we had placed my late father's ashes in his niche.

 (above) Early April 2015 - Before starting on changing my lifestyle
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
And....here I am NOW; end AUGUST 2015:
 

(above) End August 2015 - After about 2 months of rebounding and watching my diet
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
I have no BIG weight loss to report. None. I am nearly the same weight. The loss is negligible given that I yoyo up and down those few KGs. But it is apparent to me, that my body has changed. I feel leaner. I can feel my body toning up. Hopefully, it's really me losing fats and gaining muscle, that's why my weight is not budging.
 
I did measure myself and I have lost 2 inches off my Bust and 2 inches off my Waist but not my hips. Yes, of course, I knew it! My boobs would be the first to go! I think my face has slimmed somewhat although it is not very apparent and my double chin is still hanging around. However, if you note the pic in April, my tummy is rounder than what it is currently and the below pic was snapped after eating a whole plate of Ayam Penyet (smash fried chicken malay style) with a full plate of rice and unhealthily deep fried crackers! Tummy has reduced a bit, in my OWN opinion! LOL.
 
(above) End August 2015 - After about 2 months of rebounding and watching my diet
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
I think the body started to change after I started drinking my coffee black with no sugar. Now, I'm going to totally do away with coffee (and you would have read in my last post about the terrible headaches I was getting). I know that coffee helps to speed up your metabolism but I used to function very well without it and now, if I am getting withdrawal symptoms from not having it, I feel it is a wake up call to the effects it has on me. I was never much of a coffee person so it'll be easy to do live without it. At most, I'll go back to drinking tea. As for carbs, I don't have any set rules. If I eat a lot of carbs for one meal, I may skip it or reduce it the next or I might just eat!
 
So, here are some more pics, I'm not sure if you can see any difference from May 2015:
 
 
(above) May 2015 - Before I started rebounding or watching my diet
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
(above) June 2015- Just starting to tinkle with the rebounder and thinking about my diet
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
 
 
(above) Early July 2015 - Getting seriously pissed with how fat I look in photos
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
 

(above) Mid July2015 - Feeling I need to get serious about changing my lifestyle
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
 
(above) Mid August 2015 - Intense rebounding and reducing sugar and carb intake
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015

 
 
 
(above) NOW - End August 2015 - After about 2 months of rebounding and watching my diet
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
 
While the weighing scale readings suck big time and make me feel low, I am not going to give up. It's apparent that there ARE changes taking place and it's a whole package. My eating and exercise habits have to become a part of my life and a way of life. It's not just a diet fad. I am happy that today, being Day 4 that I have weaned off coffee, the headache is subsiding (although I did wake up to a blistering pain near the eyes when I went to pee early this morning). I'm determined to do this and I hope that some day, I'll be able to share some actual weight loss pictures to motivate anyone who is looking for motivation, the same way I look to others for motivation!
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: