21 Aug 2015

Dinner (Home) and Lunch (Office) pics

Hubs and I are starting to have dinners which look like this:

Salmon with Salsa, Sambal Belachan and greens
Copyright Fiona C Yeo 2015 of Cartoon Lagoon
 
 
Looks like a mother load of food, right? But it's actually just a piece of salmon on a plate full of greens (no rice). Although the salmon was pan fried the way ang mohs (or caucasians/westerners) would, I 'Asianised' (without the ubiquitous rice) the dish to the liking of my taste buds by stir frying my salsa in lots of red onions and sambal belachan. Hehe. Yummy. Hubs also said the salmon tasted very good. He's not into red onions or onions of any kind (like my boy) and not very into greens unless force fed! While I had my salmon with a lot of onions, chilli and greens, he had it with bread and cheese. To each his own.
 
We had purchased half a salmon and cut it up into quite a few pieces for freezing. I like to eat fish which has already been frozen and fish that is well cooked because I think it's gross to have squirming parasites in my fish which will ultimately end up in my belly! I'd rather forego 'fresh' fish in favour of an anti-parasitic fish meal!
 
What I usually have for my KOK lunch:
One meat, two veg and Kopi-O-Kosong
 

Sweet and sour pork, pumpkin and veg
Copyright Fiona C Yeo 2015 of Cartoon Lagoon
 
The above pic shows quite big portions because I ahem, am quite friendly with the newly arrived female stall holder. She's more generous than the male ones.
 
In my previous post, I said hubs did not marry a short AND fat girl. He'd married a short and THIN girl. Here's proof of the pudding. Took a pic of a pic. Me on my honeymoon:
 
Honeymoon in Queensland, Australia
Copyright Fiona C Yeo 2015 of Cartoon Lagoon
 
I was wearing a big, billowy sarong type skirt I had bought in Bali but look beyond it and can you spot the 23 inch waist? I was approximately 43kgs. Yes, I was not skinny-skinny. I was lightweight but still fleshy, lah. At THAT time, I already thought I was fat! As for hubs, he was in the infantry. His body was gorgeous. Drool. (It still is, to me, anyway; fats and all).
 
I had been having a case of vertigo the past few days. I think the rebounding saved me from succumbing to a very bad case of flu but the ears and throat sort of had an infection that affected my ears and thus my balance. Still, I forced myself to rebound. It really helped me feel less sick.
 
I'm now rebounding intensely for 30 minutes. If I start and continuously do an 'intense' routine, I'll break out into a sweat at about 10 minutes. If I go slow, it'll take 20 minutes before I start trickling sweat. Son says I then should be swaddling in clothes to perspire faster but I don't buy it. I'm not going to dirty extra exercise clothes. It'll mean more laundry work for me. Nah. I'd rather do it in my undies. Undies have to be washed anyway, right? The family leaves me be anyway and that's a really, good thing. I appreciate how they take it as the norm now; Mum in her room, bouncing away on the rebounder in her undies, music blasting away, while Dad is lying on the bed surfing the net (sometimes, blasting HIS own choice of music)! How I love this dysfunctional family.
 
 
 
 


No comments: