6 Aug 2015

Hair and rebounding update


My hair length (August 2015)
Must I really state to not use my pic without permission?
 
I trimmed my hair several times this year so I'm quite surprised to notice how long it is now. I'd given up and cut off my chin length fringe (bangs, if you must) for my usual shorter fringe but even that has grown past my eyebrows and into my eyes now (although you cannot tell from the above photo). My lifestyle of work and housework means I often have to tie up my hair and I just looked aunty with no fringe. Ok, normally, I can look aunty but just less aunty with a fringe.
 
I've been tempted to sport a chin or shoulder length bob but I know the PAIN of regretting it and having to wait two whole years just to grow it back. So I've always just pushed the idea away. Not willing to deal with regrets of any kind. Thus, this length. I like having long hair. I just feel that it's a tad too long now because it's in the way. Hubs has of late accidentally pressed down against my hair in bed and I've yelped in pain. My handbag strap presses down on my hair at the shoulder all the time and it's irritating. I have to be careful when I suddenly bend down near equipment like a fan or escalators. Don't really fancy losing my scalp if the hair gets caught in them. 
 
Now about my rebounding exercise, first off, for the sake of ease, I've coined a new term for my new exercise and eating lifestyle change. I'm calling it my KOPI-O-KOSONG (or KOK) Journey. Perhaps it'll end up being a cocked-up plan instead (THAT is not a vulgarity ok? It means screwed up). Let's see. Anyway, so self-explanatory, right? I've cut out sugar from my coffee which we call Kopi over here in Singapore. I had to ask my canteen uncle what black coffee with nothing is called (because this Kopi combi thingy is a complicated business if you ask me). If I was not trying to live a healthier lifestyle, I would definitely NOT be drinking Kopi-O-Kosong!
 
Kopi = Coffee
O = Black
Kosong = Nothing
 
No sugar, no creamer, no condense milk. No nothing except Coffee and water.
It tastes bad. Man, really bad. It's like drinking the horrendous Chinese black, bitter tea for colds.
But...stick to the KOK Plan I must!
 
Already, I have noticed some changes in me. I don't know if I am imagining it but reducing my sugar and carbohydrate intake, drinking lots of detox water, some detox tea and rebounding for at least 20 minutes, thrice a week has resulted in some changes:
 
In no particular order:
I can rebound for 20 mins at one go
My complexion feels smoother (I kid you not!)
My itchy eczema spots seem to have improved.
My BP has dropped a bit.
My weight has dropped (a teeny, tiny, wee bit but dropped nonetheless)
My pants are slipping off my bum
I feel more alert and less lethargic
I feel lighter
I feel sick and bloated when I consume a lot of rice (Wow! Didn't see that coming!)
I feel sick and bloated when I overeat
The horrible tasting Kopi-O-Kosong is bad but I am getting used to it.
Hubs and kids know not to disturb me when I am sweating it out in my underwear!
I am smiling more
 
Perhaps for those already exercising for hours on end per session, you may not think rebounding for 20 mins straight is anything to toot one's horn about. But when I first started rebounding, I could not last 2 minutes! I found it strenuous on the calve muscles and just generally tiring to keep it up. So I can look back and think wow, 20 minutes comes easy now.
 
I've started buying different foodstuff from the supermarket. Lemons, cucumbers and mint leaves are now on my to-buy list. My daughter and Mike enjoy the detox water but not so my son. He prefers plain water. He thinks it's the cucumber he doesn't fancy but I think it's the bitterness of the lemon skin that he finds off-putting.
 
I still eat normal food. Normal as in, I don't pack celery or carrot sticks for lunch! For a workday lunch, I don't really have much choice. I just try to cut down on the carbs but load up on the meat and veg. I'm not going on any particular diet. It's a lifestyle change remember? Also, I can't be very choosy, seeing as I eat at the office canteen 5 days a week. I asked the stallholder to reduce my rice just now and pointed to the curry chicken. She scooped the chicken and added a huge half a potato without my asking. What was I to do? Waste it and not eat it. Nah. I ate it. I'll just have to work it out extra hard this evening. That's what I mean by saying that I don't have a particular diet. It's not like I will say I'm not eating carbs strictly or that I am eating veg only. No way. Must be nuts. Well, not for the moment anyway.
 
I hope to push myself to rebound for an hour tonight. Hope. Sometimes, you never know. Like last night. I had gone to the nearby food court with hubs for dinner, after which he proceeded home while I went to do my grocery shopping. I was spent after lugging home 4 heavy plastic bags of meats and veg but I unpacked the food, stripped and hopped on my rebounder for a good 30 minutes. It was not a very good work out because I felt a bit drained. I could feel that my energy level wasn't at its usual. So I took it easy; bounced a little lower and slower when slower songs played. After the exercise, I took a bath and air fried some chilli nuggets for my kids (who had requested for them). Okay, here's the problem. Just as I ate up that potato given by the stall holder, I ate a couple of left over nuggets because I HATE to see food go to waste. It's just a thing I had imbued in me since I was a kid. WASTE FOOD NOT! There are starving people, people! Sigh. So after all that exercise AND eating, I hopped on the scale to see that I had not gained but it had not moved down. I guess I should have been glad that it hadn't moved upwards at all. This sort of made me realise I have to add quite a few bounces to my exercise regime just to get rid of the additional meal. The thought will hopefully help me NOT eat that one teeny tiny little morsel more.
 
How do people do it; lose so much weight? Will power and determination. I really take my hat off to them. Not sure how long I will last. Hopefully, the KOK Journey will be a route I can travel for life.
 
Did I say that hubs just called to say he'd bought me half a roast duck? A very sickeningly salty but yummilicious duck? Yummmm....
 
HAPPY SG50 peeps!!!
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments: