30 Dec 2009

Happy New Year 2010!!!

How time flies! It's that time of the year again! I was looking at my 2008 New Year Resolutions for 2009 and I've put my comments (self review) in red in the brackets.


1) To be a better servant of God (Most definitely, in terms of my relationship with the Almighty, it's been outta this world for me since I attended the Life in the Spirit Seminar at our church. I've begun speaking and singing in Tongues; something I could not have imagined to be able to do and I've drawn closer to God. Definitely a check)


2) To be a better wife (I can't self review this!!! I still nag but I love him lots more every day that I'm married to him)

3) To be a better mother (I can't self review this either!!! Kids urged me to cook 'sticks' for them (will explain that in another post another day next year) and I refused them cos I was too tired. They were very disappointed. I so far have not bought an iMac for my daughter despite her incessant bugging and I dropped soup on my son's iPhone yesterday evening. Not sure if that will go down well as being a better mother!!! BTW, what's with all the Apple stuff? They're making me broke-r. Material stuff aside, I've been praying more for them and I've been talking about God more to them. Er......I know it comes across as boring stuff to teens sometimes. Too bad. I'm the mum. I get to decide what to say and do. Hah!) 

4) To help my son with his Chinese (This is a tough one. Does it count if you plonk stacks and stacks of unread Chinese compo books in front of him and nag him to memorise phrases? I doubt very much but I'm done with PSLE Chinese and I don't ever want to see those books ever again....yucks!)

5) To improve my own Chinese (I think it got worse this year for lack of practice)

6) To come up with more shoe designs (Oops.....definitely neglected this. Got caught up with God instead and that I cannot complain) 

Resolution # 1001 was.........to lose weight (It's evident I didn't otherwise I would have shouted it from the rooftops or rather HDB water tank tops)

So...........what's my resolution for 2010? I thought long and hard about it and decided that I only have one...........
 
 
 
 
 
TO PUT ON WEIGHT!!!
Hah! That, you have to agree, I surely can do!
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!!!




(Me, Bangkok Dec 2009 in my favourite purple shirt, S$10 pasar malam denim cut-offs and my trusty travelling Converse anti-snatch-theft handbag. Please excuse the very geeky bag strap length. I had shortened it to hip length because the weight of the bag, which contained the family's passports, digital cameras, handphones, tissue, wet ones, sour kanas and breath mints, slamming against my thighs throughout the Safari walk was getting too much! Fortunately, you can't see my China brand sports shoes in the pic - very comfortable for walking I tell you!!!)

No comments: