7 Jul 2009

Are you pregnant?

It's a Monday evening, I've just come back from work and I've got 15 mins to take a shower and eat my dinner because we're due to attend a supposedly life-changing seminar.
Once out of an office-do, I opt for comfort. I squeeze into my 3 year old denim knee-length cut-offs with an imprint of vintage Mickey Mouse and an old but comfortable T-shirt. I do look at the loosening collar of the T and wonder if it's going to be rude turning up in that.

Hubby: Are you wearing that?

ME: Erm...yah, I think I shouldn't wear this old T too.
(I fling open the wardrobe and pull out a white blouse I've never worn since buying it 3 months ago. It's white, loose, billowy and just about long enough to cover my tummy)

Hubby: WHAT type of fashion is that?

ME: (gulping down food) Aiyah! Never wear before what! Don't care, lah. No time already.
(Son stares at blouse, shakes his head and chuckles)

We go to the seminar. 3 hours later, finish it off with food and chat with friends.

Friend: Eh, (points to my tummy area) by the way, are you pregnant?



Yep, guess that's another outfit headed for the Salvation Army.

No comments: