28 Oct 2015

What do I want to be when I grow up?

I am being retrenched. The end of December will see the end of the job I have worked at for the last 16 years.

So, how am I?

I have never felt healthier in my life, am in good form and am in high spirits. A part of me is excited that the old door is shutting. I am looking forward to God opening the new door for me. I am waiting upon Him. Yes, there is anxiety but I have just spoken to some Christ-loving women over lunch and they, have reminded me to cast my anxiety aside and trust in Him. We all need good people like them in our lives and I am grateful for them, although our paths may never cross again once I leave my workplace. I thank God that however fleeting, He has allowed me to meet such good people. This is a good example of how we can be Christians in our every day lives.

It is probably a strange reaction but I thank God that He has allowed me reach this point in my life. I am feeling peaceful. At peace, probably not so much and not yet but definitely feeling peaceful. Why? One of the ladies I had spoken to hit the nail on the head when she said that it's because I am tired and I need a break and I am looking forward to the break! So true and so accurate!

Beautiful park at Nanyang Technological University
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
What do I want to be when I grow up?
Yes, this question is probably 40 years too late but the truth is, I have only just realised it.

No comments: