26 Oct 2015

Weekend Carb Refill

It's no wonder I look bloated today.
The weekend started with me frying Mee Goreng for breakfast:

Home Fried Mee Goreng
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015

I didn't eat that much. I had cheekily placed it on the brown paper and tray like how some hawker stalls serve fried noodles and served it to my son who was rushing off for a school event. I used a tiny plate and had some.

Then after a whole morning and afternoon of cleaning house, I went and did my exercise:

Feeling Bloated (Saturday afternoon)
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
I hadn't put on much weight that day (since the day before, LOL yes, I am pathetic) but I could definitely feel my face, shoulders and arms feeling puffier. Also, I wasn't peeing as much (of course you can tell, lah). So I was definitely retaining water. I had just finished my erm, monthly cycle so I wonder if it was just part of the 'cycle'.
 
Sunday morning before church, I had prepared some vegetables and boiled some pasta. Upon returning home from Mass, I put together my version of a minestrone soup:
 
Minestrone Soup
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
Family seemed to like it (they said it was nice) and daughter told me to cook it every weekend. Haha. I'll have to be creative with the ingredients so that they won't get tired of eating the same thing. Seems like soup is a big thing with the family and I've been scouring my soup cookbooks for ideas. For this minestrone, I had put in onions, tomatoes celery, carrots, garbanzo beans, red kidney beans, zucchini and pasta. I found it really easy to make although I had fried the veg first before creating the soup (and of course you have to cook the pasta separately).
 
That evening, we headed to our new favourite hangout; Kallang Wave for some look-see, some buy-here-buy-there and dinner.
 

Sunday Dinner
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
This is exactly what I meant when I had told my doctor 'don't worry, I eat alot'! I wish he could have seen how much I had eaten yesterday. But the pasta at the restaurant was quite disappointing for me. When I give up my 'diet' for sub-standard food, it's sad!
 
So, that brings us to Monday and I'm looking a tad too chubby for my liking. It's back to diet mode again for breakfast and lunch today because I'm going to be having a makan (eating) session tonight with friends and I'm intending to give my body a rest day today from exercise. I haven't had an exercise rest day in more than a week. My body retaining water is telling me something and so I'll have to give myself a rest day to recover even if I don't feel like it.
 
Just in case you're wondering, I had put on 1kg from the whole weekend's carb refill. It's depressing when I step on the scale but then again, I was eating with family and really, who wants to have a wet blanket dieter eating with them? I also like enjoying my food and I think as long as I balance this crazy binge eating on the weekends with conservative eating on the weekdays, I should still be on track with my weight loss goals. I am also aware that the 1kg increase is only temporary as the body adjusts.
 
By the way, I was not kidding when I said that I had lost my weight after giving birth to my younger kid (son is the younger one). Here's a comparison pic of the time when my kids were tiny and well, it's been more than 10 years and 10 kgs with the up-to-date pic!
 
 Younger/Lighter and Older/Heavier
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
Hopefully, I'll have another pic some time soon which will show me older but lighter again!


No comments: