9 Nov 2015

Philips Air Fryer - Frozen Pizza

It's relatively simple to make you own pizza dough from scratch but sometimes, when you're in a hurry and the kids are hungry, it's even easier to just pop a frozen pizza into the oven. Yesterday, my son and I decided to try it in our Philips Air Fryer instead.

Our Air Fryer is the XL size from the Avance Collection and even though I'm able to squeeze a whole chicken into it, I wasn't able to fit the whole frozen pizza. That's about the only messy part; trying to cut a frozen pizza into pieces and trying not to spill the precious frozen cheese or salami every where!

Store bought frozen pizza, straight out of the freezer
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
First, son and I decided to try the setting at 200 degrees Celsius for 6 minutes.
 
200 Deg Celsius (6 mins)
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
To me, I felt the charred bits meant it was burnt or over cooked but son said it was cheesy and the crust was just fine. I decided to try 180 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes instead.
 
180 Deg Celsius (6 mins)
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
When I took it out, I looked underside and thought the crust wasn't as nice as when it was at 200 deg but that it looked better from the top because it wasn't looking charred. Son said he preferred the ones done at 200 degrees. I guess it's you're preference. I'll probably experiment with 180 deg at 7 mins and also 200 deg at 4 mins just because I'm curious.

Quick and easy pizza option with the Philips Air Fryer
Copyright Fiona C Yeo @ Cartoon Lagoon 2015
 
I usually cook our pizzas in the oven. Not that the Air Fryer isn't hot to the touch but I think it's safer for the younger ones to handle the Air Fryer. I believe I have to go stock up our fridge with frozen pizza now, seeing as my son and I have realised it's such an easy method of cooking our pizza! 


No comments: